I am a backpacker, a tennis teacher and outdoors’ lover, who happened to study business and get interested in economics, with always an eye on today’s real life.
I always try to do anything I do with passion and looking at it from different points of view, at 360 degrees, trying the get the full picture out of facts, situations and stories.
But, in a nutshell, what are the words that best describe my skills and my (professional) experiences?
- International Management
- Partnerships and Acquisitions
- Network management
So, what do I do in daily life?
Currently, I like to deal with:
- Open Innovation;
- Impact investing – investments in companies with social and/or environmental impact, creating value for stakeholders;
- Startups – if the companies I invest in, or where I recommend to invest in, are startups, it’s even better.
- Fulbright and its values and program (this scholarship has changed life);
- Diversity – actively supporting the Young Women Network (even if the Diversity is so much more than the gender gap);
Passion and a lot of energy, independent thinking and freedom to express myself are key to me, and I would like others to fell the same way when working with me.
However, we need to straightforward in our thinking, in order to be fair in analyzing and reviewing the world around us:
Facts, just facts, so many facts, my goodness how many facts!
Science (social, but science);Questions, so many questions, my goodness, how many questions;
Energy, freedom, sharing, conviviality, sunshine and curiosity: this is me.
For a summary of my professional story: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorenzamorandini/
I am Member of nedcommunity: http://www.nedcommunity.com/Pages/elenco-associati.aspx
My social and professional life is also fulfilled by the many events that are organized by the alumni associations of the schools that I have been lucky enough to attend.
Events that are occasions to see old friends, that we would otherwise lost track of in our daily life routine: Indiana University, Fulbright, Bocconi, Esade, Insead and BCG.
Finally, most of my professional life has been devoted to themes like internationalization of companies or Supply Chain.